|Valentine's Day Google Doodle.|
I am a big fan of Google.
It's like my best friend.
Whenever I'm in need, Google is a friend indeed.
Don't you feel that?
Starting with it's name. I love just saying it.
Whenever anyone asks me a question I don't feel like really answering, which is most of the time, I just say Google it.
It seems to have all the answers.
Sometimes it even has just the answer you're looking for.
My sister conveniently uses it to prove the existence of words like 'equators' while playing Scrabble which she's bound to find in some article written by someone who doesn't understand that there is only one.
I, on the other hand have used it more constructively for things like projects. And then sometimes to stalk people on Web & Images. Movie-stars and the common man.
I love how google connects everything.
It also helps me find places I didn't know existed. Hello Curry Road.
I also use iGoogle. This is what's on my page.
- Currency Converter - an attempt to prove that I'm quicker than a computer at converting currencies.
- Joke of the Day - for one more laugh.
- A to-do list - my life would be incomplete without them.
- A Hindu God of the week widget - I have no clue why I have this. Today I learnt that Ravana was the demon king defeated by Rama. Hmm.
- Hangman - to feel like I won at something.
- Word of the day - so I can use words I'm sure you've never heard of just so I can see that puzzled expression on your face while still trying to look like you have great vocab and are intelligent.
- And pointless other gadgets like a clock, calendar and weather.
So why all the Google ♥ all of a sudden?
Google has introduced Google +.
And that + does a pretty good job of summing it all up.
Here's an article from yesterday's Times of India that sums up what it's all about.
And you can Share the article on Facebook.
It's like using the enemies ammunition to win the war. Brilliant!
Let me explain it the Godfather way.
Google is going to the mattresses.
And soon Facebook will be sleeping with the fishes.
Cause Google sure is making you an offer you can't refuse.
What do I think? Well, I think it's the future. And it seems to be a pretty bright one.
And now the +1 symbol on my blog makes a lot more sense.
Check out the Google blog.
I am clearly a Follower.