CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cheese Please

Every time I watch the movie Home Alone, I get a huge craving for Mac & Cheese when I watch Kevin getting ready to eat his bowlful of cheesy heaven before the thieves are about to visit his house.

The last time I watched it, I went around town to different restaurants just to get my fill of Mac & Cheese.
I went to Salt Water Cafe which had replaced macaroni with penne. Eeks.
It was just not the same.
And then I went to Indigo Deli which did a baked version of it.
It was so-so.
Why get creative when the original and simpler recipe is amazing?
And then I went back to Salt Water Cafe hoping that by this time they had bought some macaroni.
But then I ate penne again. And the sauce was also mushroomy. Nooo!

I still remember buying Microwave Mac & cheese in a 3 for the price of 2 pack when I was studying in London. Almost every week. My course was so stressful that I didn't have time to cook.
The truth: I couldn't cook.

Oh how I miss those days.

Anyway I had to make do with something else.
Having given up on my search for macaroni and not wanting to see the face of it's evil and not-so-identical twin - penne, I got myself the Baked Brie at Olive.
Its a mini slab of brie wrapped in filo pastry that's baked and topped with a sweet orangey syrup.
Perfection!

It's amazing how a small piece of cheese can make me so happy. It's like a drug!
And so the current thought that's circling my brain with a rollercoaster-like movement:
via SwissMiss.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...