CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Till we meet again

Yesterday was Easter & I'm still recovering.

No, I wasn't following lent for 40 days that I overdid it yesterday. I just overdid it out of realising that I won't be eating a large quantity of Marzipan for another year.

Yesterday also happened to be Sachin Tendulkar's birthday. And how do I know that? Only because every year on 24 April Sachin related articles take up 40% of the newspaper. Sachin happened to be a big follower of Sathya Sai Baba and yesterday unfortunately was his last day on Earth. Coincidentally the same day Jesus was resurrected.

Who is Sathya Sai Baba? Well, it's a shame but to be honest till today I wasn't completely sure myself.
I was clearly not a devotee, mainly because I didn't know anything about him and had only heard about how he could perform miracles.
He was said to be an incarnation of the Shirdi Sai Baba and announced himself at the age of 14.
He had millions of followers from all over the world because his teachings were simple and yet so powerful. He said everyone is God but the difference is just that he has realised it. He gave out a strong message about the importance of service. He was also said to have had many special powers like making vibhuti (ash) appear before his devotees and make objects like watches and rings appear out of nowhere.

At first, to me he just sounded like a good magician. But then, I read a little more about him and his teachings and he seemed like a pretty amazing man. He didn't preach any particular religion and only taught the people about being good and living well.

He said he would die at the age of 96 after leading a healthy long life and he died at the age of 85 after being ill for a while. How did he always know the future and yet not see that coming after having predicted his own death? The next incarnation of Sai Baba is to be born a year after Sathya Sai Baba's death. But, now people are confused about whether this will be next year or 12 years from now. 
This sort of future related predicted information really puzzles me.

I keep wondering about how Sathya Sai Baba knew he was the incarnation of Sai Baba at the young age of 14 and could convince the world about it. To me he seemed to be a great man, maybe a Godly figure or even just a miracle-worker.

His teachings seemed really good. Very positive. Not focusing on any particular religion.
Always seen in his orange robes and distinctive hairstyle, he was a man who definitely did not look his age. So, here's a silly question. If he was 85, how was his hair still so black since I doubt he was dyeing it.
Desperation makes such insignificant and vain thoughts enter my mind since I seem to be greying faster than George Clooney.

Hoping that the next incarnation will be here soon.
I watched 2012 (the movie) yesterday and am a little worried.


Tomorrow is my dear sister Aku's b'day.
Sorry Aku, I haven't got you a present.
Happy Birthday :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...