CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Oktobeer

Oktober is...

the month of Oktoberfest.
What else?

So what is Oktoberfest?
Well, it's just another excuse for the Germans to drink beer.
Not like they aren't drinking plenty of it the rest of the year.

And thanks to the Germans and globalisation, it's also just another excuse for the Indians to drink beer.

Last weekend I happened to be in Pune and stopped for lunch at Doolally.
Lunch = Sausages + Beer.

I felt like a middle-aged fat man.

But the beer was good and so I'm not complaining.
And it was a Sunday.
So it couldn't have felt more right.

Amongst the beers there was a light one, a slightly amber one and a dark almost black one.
The light one was my favourite.
Clearly I paid no attention to the names.

I love my beer.
I have also washed my hair with it.
But would I swim in it?

Umm... probably not.


I read an article which says that in Germany, a little outside Munich, is the Starkenberger Brewery where they have Turkish Bath like heated rooms filled with water enriched with Biergelรคger.
In the article they say it's inspired by Cleopatra's baths but if I remember correctly she bathed in Donkey's milk.
But now that doesn't sound like as much fun, does it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...