CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Back to the future

Fill your heart with the creative power
to accept the past,
decorate the present
and transform the future.
- Osho.


When we were young, my sister and I went to Art class every Saturday where we tried to paint within the lines after which we were rewarded with a box of Jalebi by my grandmother.

Frankly I never really needed an incentive to go to art class.

I grew up at a time when we only got Camlin colours in a small set and then when Staedtler made water colour pencils, that was the bomb!
I still have my set even today. And nothing could beat it.

Till yesterday when I was on Flipboard and came across this new iPad App called Paper by Fiftythree.

You can download it for free.
And then keep adding tools for $1.99 each.
I spent a total of $7.96 and got a pencil, marker, a paintbrush and felt pen.
Now all I need is a stylus.

You can write in your journals, draw in your sketchbooks and it all fits into your iPad.

Gone are the days of using notebooks, sharpening pencils, filling ink into your Hero fountain pens which would end up leaking and make you feel (and look) somewhat blue.

And no more wishing I had carried my watercolours so I could stop and paint the beautiful tree in front of me.

I know it's something that will keep us happy this hot summer... besides mangoes.




From the time when we were really young, my father taught my sister and me to embrace technology and I would love to give a nice big hug to the technology of the 21st Century right about now.

I'll post some pictures of my sketches when I have something more to show than dancing girls and Mickey Mouse.
And then maybe you can reward me with a box of hot Jalebi.

Switch on your imagination and enjoy the ride.

All photos from iTunes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...