CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chikoo

There are very few things that I can make.
One of them is milkshake.

Milk + fruits + sugar = a firecracker of a drink.
Water + fruits + seedless dates = the healthier version for the lactose intolerant.

I'd make them for my mom when she'd come home after a long day at work.
I'd lay the table like I was serving up a 7 course meal.
But all she got was a milkshake.

It was like an amuse-bouche and no entree, plat et dessert.

And now she is returning the favour.
Almost everyday.

Tiger (the dog) guarding my chikoo tree.
Since it isn't mango season, and because my mother has got a gazillion chikoos from the tree outside my house I've been drinking chikoo milkshakes pretty much everyday.

And I seem to have a love-hate relationship with it.

Because as good as it tastes, after I drink it my lips get all weird.
Like I've worn a super glue lipstick.
And it doesn't come off with facewash, body scrub or even handwash that removes 99% bacteria.
I thought that stuff was hardcore but clearly it isn't.
It's kind of gross and looks like I took a bandaid off my lips and the glue didn't quite come off.
Now do you get what I mean?

Does this happen to everyone in the world?
Or just me?
Is it an allergy?
Or just the sap?
Or does the Chikoo God want my lips to get stuck so I finally shut up?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...