CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Is you Madonna?

I'm going on a little one week holiday tomorrow.
To the land of the 'We can make that too but bigger and better than you'.
You guessed right.
It's Dubai!

I planned this trip on an impulse and spent the last few days feeling nervous about whether they'd give me a Visa yet again.
Now, everyone thinks it's silly to worry about getting a Visa to travel to Dubai.
Because they welcome you with open arms and lead you straight to the mall where you can spend every last penny.

But, if like me you had traveled to the Holy Land, you may not have the same kind of confidence.
If you live on this planet, you will know that they are sort of enemies.

Every time I have travelled to Israel, I have been questioned about my constant need to go to Dubai.
Questioned so much that I start to wonder whether I am in fact a terrorist.

Luckily I got my Visa which makes me feel great and like the World is a happy place again.
All those Miss Worlds wishing for World Peace really payed off and it worked out well for all of us!

But, before all the jumping with joy on getting my visa, the last few days were spent in 'nail biting' nervousness of Will They/Won't They (give me a visa).
[The nail biting was added for dramatic effect. I think it's pretty gross to bite your nails.]

And then I found a million reasons as to why they would have to give me a Visa.
And I even had one that I decided to use as my argument with the visa people incase I would get rejected.
[It's always better to be prepared in these situations instead of the should'ves and could'ves later.]

So here's my brilliant argument:

You allowed Madonna!

Madonna trivia: She started her MDNA tour in Tel Aviv (since she follows Kabbalah).
And then went to the UAE and the rest of the world.

When I told my sister this she said, "You know there is a difference between you and Madonna, right?!"

And I told her, "Do not discriminate!"

We are all equal in the eyes of the Visa officer.

Or so I hoped.

Her question reminded me of this video.

"Is you Madonna?"
But, to be honest, I is Madonna.
Or rather was.
It was a fancy dress party.
And all it took was 2 party hats and some cello tape.

I even have photographic evidence but let's just keep that in the photo album.

See you in a week!

Happy holidays to me (minus the creepy eye scan at the airport).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...