CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Missed Connections

Photo of my copy of Missed Connections by me.
I received a book I ordered in the mail today. Yay!

It's like receiving a present from yourself.

You know it's coming but you are just as excited as you'd be if it were a surprise.
Yes, receiving packages releases endorphins (atleast in my case).

The early birthday present to myself is a book called Missed Connections: Love Lost & Found by Sophie Blackall.
I had read about it a while ago and bookmarked it for days when I have time for bookmarks (which is never).
Months later I checked it out on Amazon and had a little looksie and then went ahead and ordered it on Flipkart.

The book is a collection of illustrated Craigslist Missed Connections.
A longer than usual glance, a friendly stare, a moment shared.
In the most unusual situations.

Doing laundry in our building
Girl sleeping on train
We shared a Bear suit
The short descriptions and fun illustrations take your mind on a picnic.
Or wherever your happy place is.

Because as light and funny as this book may be, you do connect with it.

We've all experienced it.
You know what I'm talking about.

Like when you saw a really goodlooking man and you imagined him to have all the world's goodness.
He was sitting close enough for you to make good eye contact.
But not close enough to have a conversation.
So you just smiled for more than 5 seconds.
Which made you look slightly creepy.
But, since you'd never see him again, it didn't really matter.

Because
Life goes on.
And we all live happily ever after.
Even with the Missed Connections.


You may want to check out Sophie Blackall's website, blog, etsy shop, Facebook page, Twitter page and other books & leave absolutely no room for Missed Connections!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...