CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In Limbo

When I speak to anyone and need to refer to myself as something, I'm not quite sure whether to call myself a girl or woman. Most girls my age seem to be getting married and automatically fall into the older woman/ adult/ sometimes "aunty" category.

While growing up that category to me was characterized by 3 things:
- owning a lipstick collection (generally of shades of maroon)
- drinking tea (more than once a day)
- wearing salwar kameezes
Touch by MAC - my one and only lipstick
- I own only 1 lipstick, which I bought only to wear at my sister's wedding since it was too big an occasion to wear strawberry lipbalm.
- I don't drink regular milky tea. I have always only consumed half a cup at a time that too by dunking either biscuits or buttered bread (items which are capable of soaking up the tea resulting in me never having to actually sip it). And green tea = flavoured water.
- I only wear salwar kameezes to weddings if I have nothing else that's appropriate enough to wear. My mother thinks my choice of clothing shows regressive behaviour. Oh well!

So, where does that put me?
Is it safe to now sing : I'm not a girl, not yet a woman (in my Britney-nasal tone)?

Well, for now let's just say I'm in limbo. And it's a great place to be.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...