CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Break it down

Since I was a little girl, I've always loved dancing.
I've always been a little shy so I'd never be the first person on the dance floor but I'd get there at some point.

Growing up, I did enjoy my dance class - I think what I learnt could be categorized as Contemporary Jazz.
Later on I even went for a couple of Salsa classes which was fun.
And more recently I tried Zumba
Now I don't know whether to call it a dance class or an exercise class though it doesn't matter since what I was doing there was neither one.

But let me tell you, one of the dances I was fascinated by but never really got down to perfecting was Breakdance.
Well, to be honest that's not how the story goes.
My sister just wanted a pair of those fingerless gloves so she could pretend to be Michael Jackson and breakdance.
And me?
I just wanted to do everything she did.

And then this morning while I was browsing I came across a video of monks breakdancing in an annual tribute to Adam 'MCA' Yauch of the Beastie Boys (who was a devout Buddhist and fought for Tibetan independence).


MCA-DAY "Buddhist Monks" from KNARF® New York on Vimeo.

And then I realized what my sister and I were wanting to do wasn't breakdancing.
It was simply called - wanting to wear gloves.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...