CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Les Ballons Rouges

Have you watched the movie Le Ballon Rouge by Albert Lamorisse?
I watched it on Youtube last year and fell in love with it.
It's just the sweetest little movie.
And it won Lamorisse an Oscar.

I would tell you what it's about but I think it's better if you watch it yourself.
And it's only 34 minutes.


I thought of the movie this morning because while I was doing my daily browsing, I came across this magical chair on Design Milk.
Possibly because there are a bunch of ballons rouges that appear to be tied to the chair.

And when I read the article, I realised that that's exactly what this Japanese designer, was inspired by while creating this beauty of a chair.
Because sometimes you just want to float away.

Well, the designer is no magician. He just fixed the (always inflated) balloons and chair to the wall.
But isn't it great how the simplest things can amaze you?

Check out the designer's other works. Just incase you want a bench or a lamp to go with that chair.

via Design Milk

Disclaimer: The little girl does not come with the chair. She's just there to add to the coolness.

1 comment:

TaNuja said...

Lovely blog u got there!

would you like to e follow frens? :)

http://tanujasethi.blogspot.in/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...